Let’s Get Started
- 150g Blackcurrants
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Heat the blackcurrants in a small pan until they begin to release their juices. Crush with a potato masher to release more juice.
- Add 2 tsp chia seeds and stir well. Leave for 15 minutes until the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid and thickened the jam.
- Add a pinch of salt and the maple syrup. Adding the salt enhances the ﬂavour so less sugar is needed.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge or freeze in portions.
- Lovely with toasted rye bread.
Blackcurrants are incredibly high in antioxidants and polyphenols. Freezing increases the polyphenol content as the fruit is preserved when it is at its best. You can get a variety of organic berries and currants from www.britishfrozenfruits.co.uk
Works with other berries too especially strawberries and raspberries.