The Verve Clinic specialises in testing. It takes away the guesswork resulting in personalised protocols that honour your uniqueness.
Comprehensive Hormone Testing
We offer the most advanced hormone test available, known as the DUTCH test (Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones).
- oestrogens: oestrone, oestradiol and oestriol plus phases 1 and 2 of oestrogen metabolism (while oestrogen metabolism is associated with women’s health, men need healthy clearance as well)
- androgen hormones: DHEA, testosterone and their metabolites
- stress hormones: cortisol and cortisone
- neurotransmitters: melatonin, dopamine and noradrenaline
- key nutrients: B12, B6 and glutathione (your body’s master antioxidant)
Who will this help?
For everyone: fatigue, abdominal weight gain, hair loss, mood, sleep issues, acne
Additionally for women: understanding hormone balance in perimenopause and menopause, insights into conditions such as PMS, heavy periods, PCOS
Additionally for men: to understand the pathways relating to prostate concerns and gynaecomastia
Taking the test: 4 urine samples over 24 hours. We’ll send you everything you need to do the test at home.
Blood has a lot to tell us about our health and they are an integral part of Western clinical medicine. Have you ever felt unwell only to be told that everything is normal? The problem is that “normal” reference ranges are different to the optimal levels needed for good health. At The Verve Clinic, we will always assess results using “optimal” reference ranges.
Thyroid and Energy Checkup – VC1
- ferritin (stored iron)
- folate (folic acid)
- B12, vitamin D
- thyroid function (TSH, T4, T3, thyroid antibodies)
Who is this for?
This test helps to rule out any obvious causes of low energy, brain fog, constipation/diarrhoea, weight gain/weight loss, depression/anxiety, palpitations, and hair loss. Your thyroid may have been tested and appeared “normal” (because only the TSH was assessed) or you may be on thyroid medication but still having symptoms.
Taking the test: VC1 is a fingerprick test. We’ll send you everything you need to collect the sample at home.
Testosterone Test – VC2
- sex hormone binding globulin
Who is this for?
This test is a helpful snapshot for men to understand their hormone status and for women who are still experiencing fatigue and low libido despite balancing their female hormones.
Taking the test: VC2 is a fingerprick test. We’ll send you everything you need to collect the sample at home.
Advanced Wellness Blood Test – VC3
- full blood count, kidney function, liver function, full cholesterol status
- nutrients: full iron panel, folate, B12, vitamin D, magnesium
- blood sugar: HbA1c
- inflammation: CRP
- thyroid function: TSH, T4, T3, thyroid antibodies
- for women: oestradiol, LH, FHS
- for men: testosterone
Who is this for?
Anyone who wants a comprehensive check-up of their health.
Taking the test: VC3 requires a venous blood draw (blood needs to be taken from a vein in your arm). You can book to have this done at the clinic. If you live outside of North Devon, we can arrange for a nurse to visit your home.
We offer the ultimate gut health and microbiome test.
- Immune function
- Beneficial and pathogenic bacteria (including helicobacter pylori)
- Yeast and parasites
Who will this help:
Anyone who is experiencing digestive issues including IBS, bloating, constipation, diarrhoea, indigestion, pain or cramps. If you are concerned that your condition is getting worse or if you have an inflammatory bowel condition.
Taking the test: 3 swabs from one stool sample, this is a simple and easy home testing kit.